As some of you will know I am involved as a Foundation Skills Champion with the National Foundation Skills Strategy Project. Our small Community of Practice made up of the Champions is working to extend our network to ALL Foundation Skills (LLN/Employability Skills) practitioners throughout Australia, so that we form a National Network (Community of Practice). This will give us wider opportunities to connect and share and a greater voice to participate in discussion. One of the strategies we are adopting is the use of social media for online networking. We are initially using Facebook and also Twitter.
PLEASE JOIN US – the more people who join and participate the more vibrant and sustainable our network will be!
Through Facebook and Twitter we can:
- Use posts and comments to discuss ideas and issues in Foundation Skills delivery
- Seek feedback and reflect on activities
- Share and find resources, links and information about Foundation Skills
- Ask those “just-in-time” questions when we need help with ideas, activities, resources
- Have real time discussions (using Twitter chats) on “hot topics” that can be archived for later access
- Gain the experience to meet our students on their own “home” e-ground
If you are already on Twitter then follow me @JoHart and tweet me with the #tag #FSTeach
Please also download our “Building on our Foundations” flyer and share with colleagues to encourage them to join.
Hope to “see” you on Facebook and Twitter very soon. 🙂